Covid-19 policies and procedures
Valley Ultrasound continues to offer services to all patients. We are open and accepting new bookings, and are taking necessary measures to protect your health and safety, and that of our staff. As New Zealand is currently operating under the Orange Light status, the following applies:
Valley Ultrasound and vaccinations
- Valley Ultrasound accepts all patients at this time.
- We continue to welcome one support person per appointment. Unfortunately children will not be able to accompany you.
- If the rules or situation changes, our team will be in touch ASAP to let you know.
- All of our team members at Valley Ultrasound are fully vaccinated for your safety.
- All contractors and other non-patient visitors must be fully vaccinated. They must also wear a mask, scan in with the COVID tracer app, and be prepared to show proof of vaccination on arrival.
Recent exposures and tests
- If you have recently had a COVID test and are awaiting results, please let us know so that we can reschedule your appointment if necessary.
- If you have recently been to a location of interest, please monitor yourself for symptoms, and if you start showing symptoms, get tested and let us know so we can reschedule your appointment.
Should you start experiencing symptoms in the days or hours in the lead-up to your Valley Ultrasound appointment, we ask that you help us to keep our staff and other patients safe by rescheduling your appointment for a later date once you have recovered.
Please keep an eye out for these symptoms:
- Cold and flu symptoms such as a runny nose, sore throat, cough, headache, sneezing, or shortness of breath.
Similarly, if you have recently been confirmed as household contact, please call to reschedule your booking.
If you have the coronavirus or have been in contact with a confirmed case, we will ask you to postpone your appointment until a later date.
Rules for your visit to Valley Ultrasound
Valley Ultrasound follows all government guidelines and rules for covid protection measures, and we remind our visitors to do so as well:
- Scan in with the COVID tracer app on arrival.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth at all times (we are happy to provide you with one if you do not have one or would prefer a fresh mask).
- Maintain physical distancing at all times.
- Bring your mask exemption with you if you have been exempted.
Health and safety on site
To keep everyone from our patients to our staff and any visitors safe, Valley Ultrasound follows health and safety best practices.
Here’s a little of what we do to ensure the health of our community:
- Clean and disinfect area between patients, including doors and the reception desk.
- Taking additional measures for anyone especially at risk.
- Longer appointment times for vulnerable patients.
Please get in touch if you have any questions about our infection prevention and control protocols.